Job Description – Finance Manager
About the Company
GoFleet is a fast-growing tech company based in Mississauga specializing in GPS & IOT fleet management technologies. We have successfully developed fleet and field management solutions that improve productivity, reduce fleet operating costs and make our customer’s lives simpler and stress-free. Do you want to be involved with a technology company that has been growing rapidly year over year. Our success is based on our formula, to keep our customers happy with innovative technologies and our staff-smiling with a dynamic management team!
We are seeking skilled and talented individuals to share that growth with. We aim to understand our clients, optimize their operations, and help them achieve success. We allow our employees to be independent, creative, and innovative in their work. Join us as we grow, and achieve your career goals while having fun!
About the Role
The Finance Manager will play a key role in the smooth running of the Finance department. Along with supervising responsibility for a team, the position will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements and managing the month-end process including Balance Sheet reconciliations such as Accruals, Prepayments, Intercompany and Fixed Assets. The role will also require analysis of financial performance to create management accounts and monthly budget reports for key stakeholders.
- Take a lead role in producing monthly, quarterly, and annual management accounts.
- Liaise with the Executive Leadership Team & C Suite on finance related aspects.
- Providing proposals on financial optimization.
- Identify areas for process improvements and greater efficiencies, and implement solutions.
- Identify areas of weakness in internal controls in the reporting process and recommend improvements.
- Manage timelines and lead process for quarterly and annual Financial Statements and MD&A(Management discussion and analysis)
- Working cross functionally with other teams including; Success, Onboarding and Operations, and finance teams, and ensuring appropriate approval and review by senior management.
- Act as liaison for the annual audit process with external auditors.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support projects and business decisions as required.
- Facilitate the renewal and creation of process documentation for existing accounting procedures, and find/implement improvements in procedures where possible.
- Ensure adherence to relevant internal controls and accounting standards.
- Sound knowledge of financial & accounting practices. Understanding or experience of Canadian accounting policies is a strong plus.
- Degree in relevant field (CA / CPA preferred).
- 5+ Experience in progressive accounting & finance roles.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with solutions proactively.
- Understanding of SAAS principles and financial metrics.
- Excellent team player and able to work in a cross-functional team.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance concepts.
- Ease on working on different projects and understands the concept of project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong spreadsheet & powerpoint skills.
- Full Time Employment
- Full time Remote Job
- EST – Toronto working timings
- Compensation as per industry standards
- Paid Leaves Vacations
- Paid Government Holidays